top of page

A Piece of NY History...

The Henry Clark House

IMG_0574 2.jpg

Pulaski, NY

Our New York village is located in northern Oswego County, and named after General Casimir Pulaski, though at one time it took its name from the  renowned Salmon River, which still  runs through it.  Incorporated in 1832, the core of the village remains, in spite of a catastrophic fire in the late 1800. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983 as the Pulaski Village Historic District.


The Henry Clark House

On the Northern edge of Pulaski's Historic district, the local landmark Clark House was built in 1889, a Queen Anne Victorian designed by Archimedes Russell,  imminent New York architect. Russell was responsible not only for a number of downtown buildings in Pulaski, and on both Syracuse and Cornell University campuses. Commissioned by Henry Brown Clark, the Clark House has gone through a number of transformations. But in spite of its mid-century conversion to apartments many years ago, its beauty in the form of original woodwork, ornamentation and stained glass has survived. Her conversion to a period Bed and Breakfast has seen a renewed interest in The Clark House's significance as a regional architectural treasure!

As her current owners, we are dedicated to the preservation and restoration of this important  example of late nineteenth century architecture and Art Nouveau glasswork. We are proud to be her stewards, and we take pleasure in sharing her with our future guests as hosts of The Clark's newly renovated Guest Suites!

bottom of page